BAI is continually releasing new courses. Recent courses released include topics on small business lending and cybersecurity. The updated courses provide high-quality content in a format compatible with both desktops and tablets. The 10 most recently released courses include:
- 34023 – Right of Rescission and Required Disclosures
- 30414 – Preparing for Foreclosure
- 4106 – Ransomware: Spotting the Red Flags [Mini-Course]
- 4104 – Ransomware and Financial Institutions [Mini-Course]
- 4009 – The Sarbanes-Oxley Act: An Overview [Mini-Course]
- 30360 – Cybercrime Essentials for Financial Institutions
- 30421 – Protecting Consumers Undergoing Foreclosure
- 34021 – Regulation Z: The Basics
- 4071 – Regulation Z: Reverse Mortgages [Mini-Course]
- 30425 – Regulation Z: Closed-End Credit Disclosures
Click here to learn more about what’s new, or log into the BAI Learning Manager to start taking courses.
BAI is continually releasing new documents & resources – key content such as course overviews, checklists, podcasts, videos, and popular job aids. The 10 most recently released documents include:
- 1875 – It’s Not Too Late for Community Banks to Digitally Transform [Podcast Transcript] LIL
- 1876 – The Pandemic May Ease Off But Not Banking Innovation [Podcast Transcript] LIL
- 1877 – Key Banking Issues and Trends for 2022 [Podcast Transcript] LIL
- 1870 – Balancing Climate Urgency and Business Reality [Podcast Transcript] LIL
- 1872 – How Digital Banking Can Be Better for Customers [Podcast Transcript] LIL
- 1866 – Balancing Climate Urgency and Business Reality [Podcast] LIL
- 1838 – How Digital Banking Can Be Better for Customers [Podcast] LIL
- 1852 – The “Credit Washing” Mess and How Banks Can Avoid It [Podcast Transcript]
- 1028 – Why Automating KYC is More Critical Than Ever [Article]
- 1504 – How Banks Can Prioritize the “S” in ESG [Article]
Click here to learn more about what’s new, or log into the BAI Learning Manager to start accessing documents.
* LIL = Leadership Innovation Library PS = Professional Skills Library
Importance of Policies as part of a Compliance Management Program – August 25th, 2022
This webinar will discuss policies and procedures and their function and use within your organization. It will incorporate guidance from regulators, board, management, and staff perspectives. We will also cover communicating policies to staff, and other important tips to make sure that your organization is acting in unison.
2022 Financial services training trends and resources to address them – August 11, 2022
This webinar will provide an update on current enterprise risks, recent regulatory changes, industry trends and BAI’s efforts to help you navigate them. We will also cover customer requests for new content, functionality in the BAI Learning Manager, and best practices in eLearning Skills tracking. Please join us for 60 minutes including a Q&A session.
Quarterly Regulatory Update – July 28, 2022
Join us for this complimentary BAI webinar to learn what you need to know about recent changes and any related issues, including BSA, lending and deposit concerns, and more.
August 5, 2022
Agencies Issue Proposal to Strengthen and Modernize CRA Regulations
Federal bank regulatory agencies today jointly issued a proposal to strengthen and modernize regulations implementing the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) to better achieve the purposes of the law. CRA is a landmark law enacted 45 years ago to encourage banks to help meet the credit needs of their local communities, including low- and moderate-income (LMI) neighborhoods, in a safe and sound manner.
Course Updates: (Release Date TBD)
- 4260B – Preparing for a CRA Exam
- 20044 – CRA: An Overview
- 30403B – Fair Lending: Essentials
- 30405B – Community Reinvestment Act (CRA): Essentials
- 30406B – Community Reinvestment Act (CRA): Comprehensive
- 31708B – Compliance Officer: CRA Examination Management
- 31807B – Commercial Lending: CRA, Reg O, and Other Portfolio Concerns
FinCEN Issues Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for No-Action Letter Process
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) today issued an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) to solicit public comment on questions relating to the implementation of a no-action letter process at FinCEN. A no-action letter is generally understood to be a form of enforcement discretion where an agency states by letter that it will not take an enforcement action against the submitting party for the specific conduct presented to the agency.
August 20, 2022
FDIC Issues Proposed Rule on Assessments, Revised Deposit Insurance Assessment Rates
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Board of Directors (Board) today issued a notice of proposed rulemaking to increase deposit insurance assessment rates by 2 basis points for all insured depository institutions in order to increase the likelihood that the reserve ratio of the Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) reaches the statutory minimum of 1.35 percent by the statutory deadline of September 2028. The Board also adopted an Amended Restoration Plan, which incorporates the increase in assessment rates.
August 21, 2022
OCC Solicits Research on Implications of Financial Technology for Banking
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is soliciting academic-and policy-focused research on the impact of financial technology (fintech) entities and nonbanks on banking and the markets for lending, deposit-taking, and payment services through August 21, 2022.
August 24, 2022
Federal Reserve Seeks Comment on Rules for Certain Contracts that Use LIBOR
The Federal Reserve Board on Tuesday invited comment on a proposal that provides default rules for certain contracts that use the LIBOR reference rate, which will be discontinued next year. The proposal implements the Adjustable Interest Rate (LIBOR) Act, which Congress enacted earlier this year.
View BAI’s full 90 Day Regulatory Outlook.
2022 BAI Courseware Retirements
As part of our ongoing maintenance of the BAI libraries, we will be retiring several courses on December 31, 2022. The following guide outlines the courses that we’re retiring along with a few recommended replacement courses.
If you would like to learn more, or have any questions related to the retirements, check out our FAQ.