What’s the difference between the “Assigned On Date” column in some training completions reports, and the “Assign On” field in the Rule Audit Report?
Training completion reports like the Training Data Report (TDR), Quick Status Report (QSR), and Rule Compliance Report (RCR) have a column you can pull into the reporting results called “Assigned On Date,” which refers to the actual date users were assigned training. In most instances, this will align with the “Assign On” field you see in rules (and in the Rule Audit Report (RAR)), but not always. For example, there may be instances where a user was added to the rule after everyone else, so they’re “Assigned On Date” may be different than what’s listed in the rule.
Example: if a rule contains a course that says “Assign On” 01/01/23, but a user’s official start date in the Learning Manager wasn’t until 02/01/23, the “Assigned On Date” in training completions reports will show up as 02/01/23 (assuming the user’s profile had criteria that added them to the rule, and the rule processed and assigned the course to them that morning).
Simply put, the Rule Audit Report (RAR) displays the “Assign On” dates listed in rules, while the TDR, QSR, RCR, etc. always shows the true assignment date based on when it was officially added to their assignments.
If you are editing the question or answer text on an assessment screen:
- The Question or Answer column will update in the I-Design Course Summary report for all prior and future completions. Be sure not to adjust the text on an assessment screen in such a way that alters how users interpret or answer the question, as prior completions may otherwise see inconsistencies in their answer selections. If the change you’d like to make would ultimately do so, consider deleting the assessment screen altogether and create a new one instead. (Examples of acceptable text edits include: typo/grammar corrections, clarifying a question, rewording a sentence, etc.)
If you are editing the layout option for an assessment screen:
- If the two layouts aren’t compatible (example: Multiple Choice to Phrase Matching) it may result in QLA data inconsistencies in the I-Design Course Summary report, hence the prompt BAI displays: “Switching templates will result in losing Answer entries that are incompatible with the new template. Proceed?” If you’re considering using a different layout for a question, delete the assessment screen altogether and create a new one instead. (Examples of acceptable layout edits include: any change between the two Multiple Choice layouts, any change between the two Single Choice layouts, changes from Multiple Choice to Single Choice (or vice versa) when only 1 correct answer exists.)
Enrollment criteria in the Training Data Report looks at a wide range of dates by default, including assignment dates, registration dates, completion dates, and due dates. To understand why certain results are displaying, first make sure to pull in all relevant columns. Click the Field Chooser button above the results, and click and drag the “Assigned On Date” and “Due Date” columns (two date-related columns not pulled in by default) into the results. This information can help you determine why certain results such as past years’ training are displaying.
Tip: If you’re looking for a way to narrow down the results, check the box next to the field “only include if Due Date is between From Date and To Date below” in the report control panel. Then, enter a date range as it relates to training due dates, and click Execute Search. The report will now only display results with due dates between the date range entered.
Report subscriptions are sent out the morning of the day you selected in the subscription, sometime between 7am – 10am CST.
Reports in the Learning Manager typically update every 15-30 minutes to reflect new assignment and completion information.
The User Data Report (UDR) can be run to view the profile details (positions, managers, etc.) of everyone at your organization. You can use this report to determine what changes need to be made to profiles, and then use the Batch Edit feature under the People tab within Administration to make bulk changes.
- Click on Reports under the menu
- Launch the User Data Report
- Click Execute Search
- Click the Field Chooser button to drag in / out additional column headers
- Export your results by clicking the XLSX option
Attempts can appear twice in the TDR or QSR if the course has multiple assignment sources. For example, if a course is assigned manually to a user, and then re-assigned via a rule, the TDR will show two rows, one with the assignee’s name as the assignment source and another with the rule name as the assignment source. If you come across an example of a duplicate, click the Field Chooser button above the results section, and click and drag the Rule Name column (from the column chooser box) into the rest of the columns to reveal the source of the assignment.