Learning Manager Enhancements
Our Learning & Development team continuously works hard to provide clients the best experience using the BAI Learning Manager. As such, we undergo bi-weekly maintenance releases to roll out important bug fixes and enhancements. Check out this page weekly for overviews of recent enhancements, and progress on exciting upcoming projects.
(Progress bars depict a relative estimated time frame of new feature releases. – Last updated 03/21/23)
Skill tracking remains a key aspect of many organizations’ career pathing programs and strategies. In an upcoming update to the BAI Learning Manager, we will be releasing several enhancements that are sure to help you keep track of talent development within your organization. These updates include:
With the new skill synchronization feature, the current skills on a course are what are reflected in the skills tracking report, and throughout the Learning Manager. Skill synchronization provides flexibility so you can:
- Add skill data today, and start reporting on it tomorrow – The data you enter in this field across your custom web-based training will begin to populate in the new skills tracking report for all successfully completed course, even those completed years ago. If you have not used skills before, now is the perfect opportunity to try out the feature.
- Edit, fix, or re-organize skill data at any time – since the skills tracking report will be continually updating to only reflect current skills data on courses, you can worry less about what skills were listed on a course at the time the user completed it, or what skills were added to courses, when, and by who. If you see a mistake, a typo, or just decide to reorganize your skills list across courses, you can do so without the skills tracking report showing discrepancies after the edits. Of course, you can always take a snapshot of skill completion data by running the Skills Tracking Report and exporting the results.
BAI courses contain their own set of skills, and these skills will start appearing in the new Skills Tracking Report the moment the report becomes available. However, if you’d like to take advantage of these new features as they relate to your custom courses, you may start adding or editing skills for any of your custom web-based training today (up to 5 per course). When the Learning Manager update occurs March 30th, all skill data added will start to make an appearance in the new Skills Tracking Report.
While users no longer need to complete a course apart of a career path to earn a skill, career paths remain an important way to group courses together for specific career advancement goals. BAI career paths also provide several unique benefits, including:
- Ability to display career path courses in a specific order to users
- Ability to “enforce” the order users need to take career path courses in
- Ability to add skills to other content types outside of web-based training, including instructor-led training, assessments, and tasks
- Ability to enable / disable the career pathing feature for everyone at your organization via a master setting.
- A separate administrator dashboard to keep track of career pathing progress without impacting compliance reporting
- A separate manager dashboard for managers to keep track of career pathing progress for their direct and alternate subordinates
- A separate user career pathing section on the “My Dashboard” page to keep track of career pathing progress
The new Skills Tracking Report also provides a “Career Path Name” field in the report control panel, allowing you to conveniently track skills completed as part of specific career paths.
Finally, with the new skill synchronization feature, skills that are added or edited on courses will update dynamically in the career pathing dashboard (coming soon).
BAI Training Insights Recommendation Improvements (03/16/23)
BAI Training Insights is a unique innovative tool in the BAI Learning Manager that helps you develop and document training selections more efficiently. In our latest update, we’ve modified training insights data to provide slightly more focused recommendations, and repurposed the “Status” field to become “Notes” – a new field that displays all of BAI’s newest and most popular courses (see preview).
- “New” = courses released within the last 12 months (updated bi-annually)
- “Popular” = courses ranked in the top 20 most popular (updated bi-annually, based on completion data across all BAI customers from the last 12 months)
BAI Public Catalog Refresh (03/01/23)
BAI’s public catalog recently received a design refresh, with a couple added enhancements including:
- Ability to view full course descriptions on search results pages
- Breadcrumb trails to help you keep track of where you are in the catalog
- Condensed, easier-to-read courseware pages
- Details on courseware pages are now alphabetized
- Enhancements to the catalog search box
- + much more
Many of the updates planned are available in the public catalog today with more set to be released later this month. All of these updates and so much more will be implemented as part of the new student catalog within the BAI Learning Manager later this year as well. Check out BAI’s new catalog today!
New “Assign On” Column Added to the Rule Audit Report (RAR) (01/18/23)
Last fall, we introduced time-delayed assignments – a new rules feature giving training administrators the ability to assign courses on different days throughout the year. To help you keep track of your course “Assign On” dates, we’ve added an “Assign On” column to the Rule Audit Report (RAR) showing you exactly how these fields were set up in your rules.
More Uniform Column Naming in RCR Subscriptions (01/05/23)
Columns within the Rule Compliance Report (RCR) Subscription have been updated to more accurately reflect the column naming within the report itself.
Ability to Batch Edit Course “Assign On” fields in Rules (12/14/22)
With the introduction of time-delayed assignments earlier this year, more and more training administrators are combining their quarterly rules in favor of a a single rule to assign what they need to each user group. In order to help TAs more quickly add course “Assign On” dates in rules, we’ve added this new field to the Batch Edit form (see preview). Now, rather than add “Assign On” dates one-by-one you can simply check the box next to each course you want to update, select “Batch Edit,” and update these dates all at once.
Note: selected courses containing “Assign On” dates in the past will not be updated.
New User Manual Design (12/14/22)
We’ve recently updated the design of our student, manager, instructor, decision maker, and training administrator user manuals to provide a better experience.
Additional Email Domain Types Allowed for Report Subscriptions (11/30/22)
The “subscriptions” feature under Reports received an update allowing even more email domain types (.xyz, .tech, +more) to be used to send out report subscriptions.
Additional Columns Added to the Rule Compliance Report (RCR) (11/16/22)
Several updates have been made to the Rule Compliance Report (RCR) and Rule Compliance Report Export (RCE), including the renaming and reordering of certain reporting columns (part I – released 07/27/22), and the addition of even more user profile-related reporting columns (part II – released 11/16/22). Now, training administrators can pull any field that exists on users’ profiles into this report via the Field Chooser. Added columns include:
- Alt. Manager Name
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Assigned On Date
- By Due Date
- Course Type
- Expected Duration
- Foreign Sys Key (FSK)
- Hours Spent
- Is Instructor
- Is Manager
- Is Training Administrator
- Person Status
- Person Type
- Rule Name
- Rule Status
- SSO Username
- Start Date
- Terminated Date
- Time Zone
- Zip/Postal Code
Daylight Saving – Earlier Daily Processing Times (11/06/22)
While not technically an “enhancement,” daylight saving time moves all morning processes at BAI one hour earlier. This means HRIS processing, overnight rule processing, report incremental processing, and report subscription emails all process one hour earlier than normal. Additionally, because these processes are happening earlier than peak usage times this means they often complete faster as well. While this is nothing new, what is new is that BAI is considering permanently using earlier processing times as congress discusses making daylight-saving permanent.
Ability to Assign Courses on Different Days in Rules (11/02/22)
Introducing time-delayed assignments, a new rules feature designed to save training administrators time and energy in the assignment setup process. Time-delayed assignments provides several real-life benefits, including:
- Eliminates the need for quarterly rules. Training administrators who create multiple rules to spread assignments out throughout the year will now be able to do so with a single rule. Say goodbye to separate Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 rules!
- Assign training while you’re out of the office. Taking a leave of absence doesn’t need to impact your assignment schedule. Planning workarounds or asking co-workers to take over in your absence to assign training is a thing of the past.
- Less rules to manage and copy every year. A shorter rules list means less time spent managing and copying them over year-to-year.
If you are someone that feels the demands of assigning training grow every year, this feature is sure to help. So set it and forget it! And get ready to save time with time-delayed assignments coming later this month.
Overnight Rule Processing Time Improvement (10/01/22)
We made a small behind-the-scenes change to improve the run time of our nightly rules processing job.
New “Requires Manager Approval” Functionality for Course Groups & Career Paths (08/25/22)
Re-introducing “requires managers approval” functionality for all course group types (course groups, certifications, curriculums), and career pathing. Enabling the setting remains the same for training administrators. When set to “yes,” students will still be able to see the courses within the course group or career path, but their “launch” buttons will be hidden. If the course group / career path was originally requested by the student as an elective and is approved, it will now automatically be added to their My Dashboard page, ready for them to start taking. As a reminder, daily pending approval request emails are sent around 5pm CDT to all managers (for their direct reports) and training administrators showing all new approval requests from the day.
Quickly find all Documents & Resources derived from a Course (08/02/22)
Additional catalog functionality has been added to help users find all BAI Documents & Resources derived from BAI courses. Simply type in a BAI course code in the catalog search bar, and all associated documents (if applicable) will appear below the course. See example.
TAs Ability to Add Skills to Custom Content (07/27/2022)
BAI provides an interactive catalog that allows users to search, filter, and browse for content to find exactly what they’re looking for. Attributes are one of the ways BAI delivers these tailored catalog results, and now, we have created a way for you to add your own! In what will be a multi-phase roll out starting with Skills, training administrators will be able to select or create their own attributes to add to custom content, and report on them.
Starting today, you can now add up to 5 skills to custom web-based training and documents. Choose from our base list of industry specific skills, or type in and select your own. Significantly improve users ability to find your organizational content in the BAI catalog, enhance your skills data within BAI Career Pathing, and track learners’ professional development progress with more detail. – Learn more about Career Pathing.
Next Up: New Topic, Interactivity, and Continuing Education fields, along with new reporting capabilities for attributes.
Redesigned Layout Creating & Editing Content (07/27/2022)
You may notice a new layout when creating and editing courses and documents under the Content tab in the Administration section. Fields have been renamed and reorganized for a cleaner look and feel.
New “Report Executed On” Column Added to the Rule Compliance Report (RCR) (07/27/2022)
We’ve added a new column to the Rule Compliance Report (RCR), and Rule Compliance Report – Export called “Report Executed On.” This new column is not displayed by default, but can be pulled in via the Field Chooser, and simply displays the day and time the report was executed to ensure anyone viewing the report knows how recent the results are.
Additional Help Options & Direct Access to L&D Connect via “?” Icons (07/27/2022)
Training Administrators can now access user manuals, training videos, walkthroughs, FAQs, L&D Connect, and quick links to their relationship manager’s contact info directly in the Administration section of the BAI Learning Manager. Simply click one of the blue “?” icons available on every page to access these items (see preview).
BAI Catalog Search Improvements (07/01/2022)
Finding the right course can be difficult, particularly when there are hundreds of courses to choose from… but it does not have to be. Over the last year we have made tens of thousands of individual updates to help users and training administrators alike find the right training to take or assign. A high-level view of just some of the many improvements made can found below: 1
- Search – various catalog search improvements have been implemented, including the addition of many new searchable terms (regulation names, acronyms, synonyms, and related keywords), quick access to a list of BAI’s 20 most popular courses (simply type “popular” in the catalog search bar), and a more tailored course results list with every search.
- Topics – this field recently underwent a top to bottom overhaul in every courseware library. Each topic was thoroughly vetted against BAI’s course scripts; refined to ensure only the best, most relevant course results appear when filtering by this field. Additionally, new and more commonly requested topics have been added, including all official BAI “series” and “curriculums” released over the years for quick access to those sets of courses.
- Skills – a brand new list of skills has been added in all courseware and documents libraries. Each have been thoroughly vetted to provide you an alternative way to filter for compliance or professional development content. This new list also carries through to career pathing, showing a better representation of the skills users are developing.
- Interactivity – A new “Accessible” filter has been added to show courses using BAI’s new, enhanced accessibility template. These courses provide various accessibility features:
- Keyboard accessibility, including access to a list of keyboard shortcuts
- Custom Focus Order/Tab order so screen readers and keyboards will follow content in a logical order
- Closed captioning available for all video and audio
- User ability to control video and audio (does not auto-play)
- Font color follows WCAG 2.1 AA contrast standards (4.5:1)
- Zoom settings for the slide (not just the player)
- Accessible text which uses HTML and allows users to use custom stylesheets or browser extensions to change how the text displays
- Use of alternate text for images that are not decorative
- Notes – this field appears next to every course and is used to show BAI’s newest and most popular courseware. Recent changes now define these labels as:
- “New” – courses released within the last 12 months (updated bi-annually).
- “Popular” – updated to show BAI’s 20 most popular compliance courses based on user completion data across our system (updated bi-annually). Tip: type “Popular” in the catalog search bar when logged into the BAI Learning Manager to find.
- Documents – BAI documents derived from a BAI course include the parent course details right in the description of the document.
- + refreshed course tile images across all libraries, various bug fixes, and so much more!
Of course, there are many more ways to filter and browse for content in the BAI catalog. Those mentioned are just a handful of the most recent improvements designed to improve the search experience, but many more projects are on the way which are sure to have an effect on the way you interact with our catalog.
1 Note: To filter for courses using any of the attributes listed above, access the Course Catalog after logging into the BAI Learning manager, or click on any of the following links to view in our public library: Banking, Credit Union, Mortgage, Nonbank, Professional Skills, or Leadership Innovation. Attributes reside on the left-hand side of the page.
Students’ Ability to Download Certain BAI Documents (06/21/2022)
A few weeks ago, we released an update that allowed students to download custom pdf documents training administrators upload into the BAI Learning Manager. Since then, we have added the ability for students to download certain BAI documents. For now, these include documents with the title classification of “worksheet” and “checklist.” To download one of these document types, launch a worksheet or checklist from the catalog and click the “Download” button in the upper right corner of the pdf viewing window (see preview).
Additional Columns Added to the User Data Report (UDR) (06/15/2022)
Several updates have been made to the User Data Report (UDR), including the renaming and reordering of certain reporting columns, and the addition of even more user profile-related reporting columns. Now, training administrators can pull any field that exists on users’ profiles into this report via the Field Chooser. Added columns include:
- Alt. Manager Name
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Person Status
- Person Type
- Time Zone
- Zip/Postal Code
- Foreign Sys Key (FSK) – HRIS related
Students’ Ability to Download Custom PDF Documents (05/18/2022)
Since the release of Documents & Resources, BAI has seen an incredible response from training administrators uploading their own content into the BAI Learning Manager – documents such as policies, manuals, checklists, worksheets, agendas, and other important resources. With the re-design came many improvements such as a more centralized policy repository, the ability to track document views via a new report, and so much more. Today, we are adding students’ ability to download custom pdf documents to this list of improvements. Now, when a student is viewing a custom pdf they want to download they can simply click the “Download” button in the upper right corner of the pdf viewing window (see preview).
Improved Loading Times under Rules’ “History” tabs (05/05/2022)
A few years ago, BAI released a feature within rules allowing training administrators to view the entire history of changes made under the General, People, Content, and Dates tabs. Over time, longer audit trails have created slower loading times for clients; however, we’ve recently released an update to the History tabs that adds pagination (showing a maximum 10 rows per page) which will lead to faster loading times for clients with rules containing lengthier audit trails.
New Document Search Modal (04/20/2022)
Previously, searching for documents to attach to courses as resources entailed browsing through a drop-down list of hundreds of documents. Now, training administrators have a better way to search with a new document search modal (see preview). With this new modal training administrators will be able to search or browse by library, content type, or by typing in keywords which will greatly improve the document search process.
URLs set to “Launch with content” now Launch simultaneously with Courses (04/06/2022)
We have updated the launch functionality of URLs attached to courses when they’re set to “launch with content.” Previously, URLs set to “launch with content” in a course would open in a new tab and required users exit out of that tab before the course launches. After receiving client feedback, we’ve adjusted the functionality to be more intuitive with both the URL and course now opening simultaneously upon launch.
Released Fall ’22
BAI Rules Engine – Time-Delayed Assignments
Just Got A Whole Lot Easier
On November 3rd, we released an exciting update to the rules assignment engine in the BAI Learning Manager. With the addition of a new field called “Assign On,” training administrators can now assign courses on different days in rules. Time-delayed assignments is a highly requested feature we feel will help our clients save time and energy in the assignment setup process.
If you are someone that feels the demands of assigning training continue to grow, this feature is sure to help. So set it and forget it! And save more than just daylight this fall with BAI’s time-delayed assignments feature.
Time-Delayed Assignments provides several real-life benefits, including:
Highlights from Prior Years
BAI Documents & Resources
All BAI Learning Manager customers have complimentary access to more than 250 highly requested BAI documents – key content such as overviews, checklists, videos, podcasts, and popular job aids like “How to Complete a CTR.”
Admins can integrate their own custom content into BAI’s catalog, creating a more centralized repository for your learners for various documents, resources, and policies (PDF, URL, PPT, XLSX, MP3, MP4, JPEG, etc.), and report on who has viewed these items.
BAI Career Pathing
Career Pathing is a solution that enables Training Administrators to establish clear career advancement goals for users. Group together courses, and identify the skills, knowledge, and experience required for targeted career development.
BAI Training Insights
Experience a better way to plan training with BAI Training Insights, a unique innovative tool in the BAI Learning Manager that helps you and other members at your organization develop and document training selections more efficiently.