What are “Don’t assign if passing score obtained after” dates in rules, and what should they be set to?
This field directs the rule to accept all successful completions from the transcript of a user on or after a certain date. It ensures users will be marked complete for the rule you’re working on, and not be re-assigned the course from other rules as well in instances where rule assignments overlap. By default, the date will equal the start date of your rule. You may leave it as is or enter the earliest date you began assigning training this year.
Note: Do not enter future dates under these fields for any of your active rules as users will not otherwise receive credit for their successful completions. If you’ve mistakenly entered future dates in these fields simply move them back to one of the recommended dates listed, save the rule, and within a few minutes the system will retroactively grant users credit for their successful completions.
Active rules process automatically each morning, sometime between 4am – 9am CST. To verify when a rule last processed, click under the Rules tab in Administration, and review the “Last Processed” column. If your rules have not processed by 9am CST, it could be due to the following:
- The start date / start time of your rule is set in the future. To verify the day and time your rule is set to start click under the Rules tab in Administration, search for and Edit the rule, and click the clock icon next to the Start Date field. If it is set to any day / time in the future the rule will not process until then, unless moved back.
- The rule processing schedule is running behind. Occasionally, it may take more than the usual amount of time for the rule processing schedule to run, either due to a high number of rules opening on the same day, or other back-end reasons. It’s important to note your rules will still run the same day, likely just at a later time. We appreciate your patience.*
* Tip: If your start dates / times were set up correctly and your rules didn’t process, do not try to manually process your rules. The automatic rule processing schedule completes first, followed by any rules training administrators tried to manually process. This means any manually processed rules will be put at the very end of the rule processing queue and likely take longer to complete.
Assignment notifications are sent out once each morning between 6am – 10am CST, after the automatic rule processing schedule completes. They include assignment changes made the day prior (new manually assigned courses, or course additions to rules), and assignments from rules with start dates of the current day. If assignment notifications have not gone out by 10am CST, either:
- The rule was not set up correctly (check the People tab in the rule, click “Preview Results” to ensure users are being pulled in)*,
- Users do not have the Email Address field filled out on their profiles,
- Our emails are being sent to your spam filter (whitelist “bai.org” to ensure this doesn’t happen),
- The assignment notification is not enabled for your organization (this is less likely as assignment notifications are enabled by default, a TA at your organization would have had to request it be turned off), or
- Our emails are delayed (it is rare for assignment notifications not to be sent out before 10am CST, but if it does occur, they are usually always still sent out, just at a later time the same day).
* If you notice your rule’s people group was not set up right, you can make corrections to the rule and click save. Rules process automatically overnight, and any time you click save within a rule (wait 2-5 min for the process to complete). Users will then receive training momentarily, but the official assignment notification will be sent out the next morning.
A common scenario we come across is that of new hires (or users promoted to a new role) being assigned training later in the year, and their courses are already showing up as past due for them. It’s important to note that rule assignments cannot be edited from the View Assignments window on users’ profiles. If the user requires a different due date than what’s in the rule, you can either:
- Waive the assignments in the View Assignments window by clicking “Remove” next to the course(s), OR go to the rule and add criteria to exclude the user from that rule altogether, AND
- Manually assign the course(s) back with new due dates (click the “Add new” link in the upper left corner of the View Assignments window), OR create a new rule specifically for this user with their unique due dates.
People groups (more specifically, people groups created under the People tab in Administration) that are attached to active rules process any time the rule they are a part of processes. This ensures rules are always assigning training to an up-to-date people group. People groups not attached to active rules do not process on their own, but can be manually processed by clicking the refresh icon next to the people group name under the People tab. Within a few minutes, the refresh will complete and provide you with an updated list of the member audience.